Windows Thin-client VoIP Recorder
This recorder passively monitors all Ethernet VoIP traffic and silently records it. It will then upload each call recording directly to your personal CallN account via a secure 2048-bit SSL encrypted connection.
It records all SIP, H.323, Cisco SCCP, MGCP, NEC iSIP, LG iPECS, Broadsoft, Mitel, Avaya, Toshiba, Panasonic and ShoreTel calls.
Latest Version: 1.30.0 – 23 March, 2018 (23.2MB)
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2, 2016 (32-bit / 64-bit)
What’s New in this Version
- New Feature – Ability for remote capture from linux servers via ssh and the tcpdump utility.
- Changed – Limit the incoming packet queue length to 1GB per capture stream/adapter instead of the previous 100,000 packets.
- Fixed – Ignore SIP NOTIFY with appearance-uri when the phone number is empty. (e.g. don’t overwrite an existing phone number with this empty value).
- Fixed – LG iPECS call pickup with ** was not recorded without an existing call being present.
- Fixed – Log errors when archiving directly to a UNC path.
- Fixed – Possible race condition on servers with very very slow HDD write speeds resulting in ‘XML file is empty’ exception while uploading calls.
- Fixed – Sometimes for Avaya an outbound call dialled digits were included in the ‘caller keypresses’ metadata. Executing keypress rules etc.
- Fixed – Allow LG iPECS messages to be interpreted from TCP packets and not just the standard UDP ones.
- Fixed – When using local archive don’t add recording if the call audio is not uploaded to hosted account. e.g. handset disabled or recording is too short.