10 Best Practices to get the Most from Speech Analytics
Speech analytics gives a view into what customers think about the brand, products or services, and the overall experience provided. With access to this vital information, you can take proactive measures to make changes and improvements with your contact center agents.
big dataSpeech analytics has grown to involve more than just phone conversations. It helps agents engage in analytics, interaction analytics, and the voice of the customer. It analyzes conversations from a phone, email, text, webchat, and social. It then transcribes 100% of the conversation and turns them into searchable structured data that companies can use to gain insight into what their customers are thinking and feeling.
Speech analytics can be a powerful tool when used the correct way. It lets companies see what goes on during the customer experience and if its less than exceptional, you can gain insight into the root cause of the problem. This can help companies to improve and create loyal customers to drive business growth.
Listed below are ten best practices and why companies should invest in speech analytics
- Identification of Goals: A business needs to be clear about the goals that are to be attained when using speech analytics. Whether that is grading performance of contact center employees, understanding customer insights, or trying to create better products and services, knowing how to use speech analytics can be of great help.
- Take Leadership by your side: When using Speech analytics in your organizing is it essential to take management by your side. Tell them how speech analytics can benefit your company by reducing cost and increasing revenue. Help them to understand how it can enhance employee performance and end the need to hire a separate analytics team to comprehend the data.
- Determine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): KPIs are metrics that help determine performance in a contact center. Identifying the types of KPIs that can be measured for an organization depends on the goals defined. The parameters can vary from center to center from measuring the contact centers first-time call resolution rate (FCR) to service response time to customer satisfaction score and wait time. Determining KPIs to be measured does not end the task, and it is essential to benchmark your current performance levels so that you can identify the difference between your agent’s past performance and the results you receive after introducing the speech analytics software.
- Hire the Right Staff: When introducing new technology such as speech analytics, it is essential to have the right people with the right talent working with it. Companies should make it a high priority to hire the right set of people with the acquired skill set to manage the system, keep a close check on the agent performance, and create reports. Having the right contact center manager and staff is vital to make the best use of available resources.
- Choosing the Best Vendor: Implementing Speech analytics is beneficial to any company, but it is essential to ensure that speech analytics software is bought from the right vendor. A vendor that offers a 360-degree view of the customer by phone, email, or live chat and can monitor, transcribe, and score conversations. This makes it easier to search for viable information based on language, sentiments, and behavior.
- Have the Best Talent Pool to Fix Issues: Collecting relevant data using your speech analytics software is not enough to survive in the marketplace. It is essential to have the best people on-board who are ready to take on the initiative and identify any factors that may hamper the attainment of the performance level required. Once the issues are identified, those people then have the responsibility to find the best possible way to fix the problem and reach the goal.
- Stick to the Process: Before implementing new processes, it is essential to make sure all other operations are reviewed and verified. This is to ensure that when new software is brought in, it is easy to understand, and there will be no negative impact on the performance of the employees, lessening the risk involved after installation.
- Appoint an Action Committee: Data that is collected by speech analytics: data gathered from speech analytics software is best valuable when a team reviews the data and identifies customer trends that impact reaching your goal. The team then finds these trends and then researches how to makes changes to fix the problem. Data is only valuable when accurate and audits are an essential part of the initial launch phase, so the appointed members of the action committee need to compare random calls to data generated and assure they are only making changes and reporting information that is correct.
- Educating the Team: Before launching, you should train your team to learn the software in its entirety. This team with be education liaisons and create a schedule for rolling out the software as well as training new team members how to use it. Have them start with defining segments that are most critical to each position. Create a training session schedule that is structured for employees to learn how to navigate, search, and run reports relevant to their role. Expand their know gradually as they get comfortable with necessary tasks.
- Report findings and actions: No one will want to stay on board if you don’t share the value of speech analytics software. Send reports to your team to showcase findings and where you are planning to make changes. Ask for feedback, and be open to any questions your team has. Some businesses find that specific data can open the doors to customer opinions as well as employee struggles that you may not have known about.
To Learn how CallN Business Intelligence can help you get the most benefits from their Speech Analytics and Call Recording, schedule a demo below.