CallN Recording Computer Specifications
- Windows Operating System. This can be Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2, 2012/R2, or 2016. Both 32-bit and 64-bit are supported.
- Internet connectivity for the upload of your call recordings to the CallN server. A 1 hour phone call will only result in a small 10MB call recording. The CallN thin client will upload these files in real time or you can configure CallN to do this on a scheduled basis.
- A wired LAN port for receiving the port mirrored VoIP traffic.
- An additional wired LAN port or wireless LAN if the switch you are using only provides a dedicated mirror port. (see Setup Guide for your switch).
- 100MB Hard Drive space, and an additional 10MB for every hour of call recordings that may temporarily reside in the upload queue.
CPU and Memory requirements
|Concurrent Calls||Minimum Specification|
|1 to 30 concurrent calls|
- CPU – Intel Atom N450 (single core 1.6Ghz, with hyper threading) or better
- Memory – 512 MB
|31 to 100 concurrent calls|
- CPU – Intel Core i3 2.4GHz or better
- Memory – 2 GB
|101 to 300 concurrent calls|
- CPU – Intel Xeon E5 Hex core 2.4GHz or better
- Memory – 4 GB
Please Note: These requirements are tested using CallN upon a dedicated machine. If you plan to install the software on a shared purpose server then please increase the specification accordingly.
- UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply) in case of unexpected power failure.
- RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) in RAID 1/5/6/10 array to decrease risk of data loss due to hard drive failure.