Mitel Call Recording
The CallN VoIP Recording Client installed on a Windows computer where it connects to the Mitel Environment by creating an SSL tunnel through to the Mitel SRC Server. This allows for the recording of the call traffic. A similar connection is opened to the OIG Server where TAPI information for calls is collected. The TAPI information contains call data, such as the numbers involved and direction of the call. The TAPI information and the recorded call are then uploaded to your CallN portal where the call will be displayed for playback and reporting.
The Mitel environment must contain the following:
- MSL 10.5.15+ server
- Mitel Border Gateway (MBG) version 8.0+ / Secure Recording Connector (SRC) protocol 1.3
- MiVoice Business (MiVB) 8.0 or greater
- Open Integration Gateway (OIG) 4.1 (protocol Version 1.1) with standard call control
- Appropriate licensing for Recording Taps. A Recording Tap license will be used for each concurrent call that is being recorded.
- Station calls for recording are routed through the SRC\MBG Server.
- Windows Communication Foundation and Window Identity Foundation
- For more details of compatibility please refer to OIG Engineering Guideline.
CallN Monitors using OIG supports the following Mitel call manager platforms:
- MiVoice Business on the following platforms:
- 3300 ICP, MXe II and MXe III
- 3300 ICP, CX and CX II
- 3300 ICP, CXi and CXi II
- MiVoice Business for Industry Standard Servers
- MiVoice Business Virtual
- Mitel Voice Recorder should be shutdown as it causes IP port conflicts.
You will also need a computer to load the CallN VoIP Recording Client. This can be a physical or virtual computer and must be running Windows 7 or higher or Windows Server 2012 or higher and .Net 4.8 or higher and actively support TLS 1.2. The computer must be part of the same domain as the Mitel Environment or in a trusted domain of the Mitel Environment. You will need to have signed up to CallN or have a trial account as you will need a CallN Portal to store calls.
If your Mitel Environment does not meet these requirements, call recording is still be possible by port mirroring the IP telephony traffic from your network switch to a computer containing the CallN Recording Client.